PHOENIX, AZ - JANUARY 13: Deron Williams #8 of the New Jersey Nets in action during the NBA game against the Phoenix Suns at US Airways Center on January 13, 2012 in Phoenix, Arizona. The Nets defeated the Suns 110-103. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
As Mike Mazzeo writes, he'd never had a game in which he scored as many as 35 points and dished out as many as 14 assists in his career. He also tied a personal high with six three-pointers.
From a statistical high to an emotional one as he returns to Salt Lake City, where it's the biggest news in town. Tyrone Corbin, an assistant under Jerry Sloan and now head coach of the Jazz, says the game is no different and that his team is preparing for the Nets, not just D-Will. No one believes that.
Meanwhile, Derrick Favors and Devin Harris are getting ready as well, with Favors saying the big difference between Utah and New Jersey is that he's now in a place that wants him. Harris says no big deal. It's just like the first time he faced the Mavericks as a Net.
- More on D-Will's big night - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets becoming 3-point team their coach envisioned - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- MarShon Brooks already the playmaker the Nets missed last season - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Ex-Nets Harris, Favors on beat with Jazz - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Looking back at Nets-Suns - Tim Bontemps - New York Post
Utah Jazz: Fans have mixed reactions on Deron Williams' return - Christopher Peterson - Deseret News
- Corbin: Jazz preparing for Nets, not just D-Will - Jim Burton - Odgen Standard-Examiner
Deron Williams' Returns to Utah -- In his own words - AllThatJazzBasketball - SLC Dunk