PHOENIX, AZ - JANUARY 13: Deron Williams #8 of the New Jersey Nets attempts a three point shot over Ronnie Price #2 of the Phoenix Suns during the NBA game at US Airways Center on January 13, 2012 in Phoenix, Arizona. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and or using this photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)
Phoenix was playing without Steve Nash and Grant Hill, and the score was tight most of the night. The Nets went up seven late in the third quarter when Deron Williams hit three 3-pointers in less than 90 seconds. They went up 12 midway through the fourth, but the Suns cut the lead down to three with less than three minutes to go.
The Nets were able to hold them off though, with Anthony Morrow hitting the dagger off a Williams feed with less than a minute left.
The Nets shot 50 percent from the field and 15-for-32 from 3-point range. Williams had a double-double early in the third quarter and finished with 35 points and 14 assists, hitting six of his nine threes. MarShon Brooks was among five other Nets in double-figures with 20 points, adding a big assist to Kris Humphries down the stretch.
On the injury front, shin splints in his right leg kept Shawne Williams from playing the second half. He said after the game that he will need surgery after the season to repair a fracture in on his lower left leg.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Notebook: Nets 110, Suns 103 - Jerry Brown - NBA.com
- Williams, Nets beat short-handed Suns 110-103 - Bob Baum - AP
- Nets beat Suns, 110-103, snapping six-game losing streak - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Nets continue to deal with injuries, with Shawne Williams, Damion James ailing - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams can sleep easier at night after Nets road win - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Double-double boosts trey-happy Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets’ injuries keep mounting in win over Suns in Phoenix - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Deron Williams leads Nets over Suns, 110-103 - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Nets injury report - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
- Deron Williams Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Anthony Morrow Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- Deron Williams, Nets run past shorthanded Suns - Paul Coro - Arizona Republic