Oh wow, it's Friday the 13th. What could go wrong? Hold your tongue! The Nets go into Phoenix in hopes of turning around a bad stretch particularly on defense. As Fred Kerber reports, "Offensively, the Nets have been reborn. The 3-point shot has become a weapon to be feared (56-of-121, .463). They have averaged more than 100 points (100.8). A veritable irresistible force, of sorts" But on defense? the Nets have surrendered 103.8 points per — 110.0 in the last three games. Not so good.
The Suns, a shell of their seven-seconds-or-less heyday, are 4-6, having lost their last two and are only 3-3 at home. One big issue lately is offensive rebounds. Another is a lack of athleticism. Two positives however. Steve Nash is still Steve Nash, reeling off 16 points to go with 15 assists on Thursday. The other is the return of Michael Redd who scored 12 point in 19 minutes in his debut on Thursday. Still, the Suns lost to the Cavaliers by 11.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Phoenix Suns Game Notes - Phoenix Suns
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Phoenix Suns - Sports Xchange
- Nets hope to rebound from tough loss to Denver Nuggets - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Offense is better, now Nets’ D ailing - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets opt to rest instead of practice - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Nets Shoot Lights Out and Still Find a Way To Lose - Michael Salfino - Wall Street Journal