Marc Stein reports that Deron Williams has decided on Jeff Schwartz of Excel Management as his new agent, rather than joining up with Leon Rose of Creative Artists Agency, the firm that represents LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh. D-Will dumped long-time agent Bob McLaren in May.
Stein, reporting that the Nets continue to have confidence Williams will stay with them, notes that with Williams' decision, the Big Three of the 2012 free agent class --him, Dwight Howard and Chris Paul-- will have three different agents. Rose represents Paul. The Nets are expected to pursue Howard either via trade or free agency.
Schwartz, who's already in the top ranks of the game's agents, now moves into agency stratosphere, with Williams, Paul Pierce, Jason Kidd, Blake Griffin, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Love, Lamar Odom and Devin Harris as well as an international clientele that includes Johan Petro. An updated list of all the Nets agents can be found under "Resources" in the left hand column.
- Sources: New Jersey Nets' Deron Williams tabs Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports Management as new agent - Marc Stein - ESPN
- Report: Nets to go hard after Dwight Howard - Royce Young - CBS Sports
- NBA Sunday: Why Change Agents? - Joel Brigham - HoopsWorld
- Nets Tell Deron Williams They’ll Pursue Dwight Howard - Adam Figman - SLAM
- Report: N.J. Nets to make push for Dwight Howard - Brian Schmitz - Orlando Sentinel
On To The Next One: Deron Williams (Update) - Darren Heitner - Sports Agent Blog