Barclays Center, now officially called "Barclays Center of Brooklyn" released the latest designs for the arena's interior, including updated images of the Main Concourse and VIP Entrance as well as a first look at the arena's beer garden, to be known as "Beers of the World."
"SHoP wanted the design of the interiors of the Barclays Center to be focused on bringing the energy of Brooklyn street life into the arena," said Gregg Pasquarelli, Principal of SHoP Architects PC. "The design uses a simple yet tactile palette of industrial materials to create an urbane experience open to all."
The Main Entrance, known as the Arena Atrium, will feature views of the arena and Nets' practice facility, as well as access to the Box Office and Team Store, all across a "smooth terrazzo floor". In addition, the architects released designs for the plaza outside the Main Entrance as well as the Event Level Suite and Suite Level Bar.
Meanwhile, the two reigning heavyweight boxing champions, Ukrainian brothers Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko said they were excited about the possibility of bouts at Barclays in front a big Russian crowd. "Let's do it," said Wladimir.
- Barclays Center of Brooklyn Interior Designs Unveiled - Barclays Center
First look at Nets new arena - Rich Calder - New York Post
- Developers Reveal Interior Plans For Barclays Center Arena (Video) - NY1
- Separate and unequal at the Barclays Center - Daniel Bush - Brooklyn Paper
SLIDESHOW: Luxe Treatment for VIPs at the Barclays Center - Patch
Vitali and Wladimir Klitschko, reigning heavyweight champions, visit New York Daily News office - Tim Smith - New York Daily News
- Renderings of arena interiors (by SH0P) "unveiled," though "subject to change" - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Rhetoric check: arena now dubbed "Barclays Center of Brooklyn," taking advantage of Brooklyn connection - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report