LONDON, ENGLAND - MARCH 04: A general view during the NBA match between New Jersey Nets and the Toronto Raptors at the O2 Arena on March 4, 2011 in London, England. NOTE TO USER: User expressly acknowledges and agrees that, by downloading and/or using this Photograph, User is consenting to the terms and conditions of the Getty Images License Agreement. (Photo by Warren Little/Getty Images)
Despite the on-going lockout, the NBA released the 2011-12 schedule on Tuesday, and it features another overseas trip for the Nets. The team will once again travel to London in early March, this time to take on the Orlando Magic for two games. And once again, the Nets will host both games, meaning they will have just 39 home games in Newark.
For the second straight year, the Prudential Center schedule will begin with a visit from the Detroit Pistons on Saturday, Nov. 5 at noon. The season opener will be in Washington three days earlier. The last game in Newark will be against the Chicago Bulls on Wednesday, April 18. And weeknight home games have been moved back to a 7:30 start time.
Deron Williams will make his return to Utah on Saturday, January 14. That's one of five NBA TV games on the Nets' schedule (two of the other four are the London games). They're not scheduled to appear on ESPN or TNT at all.
All of the above, of course, is subject to change should the lockout truncate the season.
- 2011-12 New Jersey Nets Schedule - NBA.com
- Nets final game in New Jersey sheduled for Apr. 18 - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
Bulls to send Nets packing - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets’ (tentative) 2011-12 schedule released - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Nets' 2011-12 schedule is released - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Highlights of Nets lockout-pending schedule - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Nets to open 2011-12 season against Wizards - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- New Jersey Nets 2011-12 Schedule Released - Ryan Jones - SB Nation New York
- NBA coming back to London* - Colm Heaney - Daily Mirror
- Magic, Nets set for London in 2012 - MVP24
TV slight of Magic won’t calm restless Dwight Howard - Brian Schmitz - Orlando Sentinel