The big news out of the Nets' press conference Monday morning was that while Bojan Bogdanovic has a three year deal with Euroleague powerhouse Fenerbahce -- and a two year player out -- Billy King said the Nets will try to get him out of his deal after next season...and into Brooklyn as a Net.
Bogdanovic, whose rights the Nets bought on Draft Night, appeared before the Nets media along with MarShon Brooks, acquired in a switch of first round picks with Boston, and Jordan Williams, taken at #36. Williams made a little news himself. He asked for and received No. 15, last worn in 2008-09 by Vince Carter, one of the team's most popular players ever.
First thing on Brooks' mind when he was drafted by the Nets? Deron Williams. "I think it's going to make life a lot easier for a guy like me." The three were expected to meet Jay-Z later Monday and after that, Bogdanovic heads home while Brooks and Williams travel to Santa Barbara for the same Peak Performance Project training the team's vets underwent earlier in the month.
It's uncertain when they will sign their Nets contracts. Although the Nets have their rights, they can't sign them to rookie contracts until a new collective bargaining agreement is negotiated. Under the current rookie salary scale, Brooks would be paid a little less than a million dollars excluding a signing bonus while Williams would get league minimum, less than $500,000, as second rounder.
- Bogdanovic won't play for Nets next season - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Brooks is ready to make his mark with the Nets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Meet the New Nets - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
Motivation, hunger could be key to new Nets' success - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Nets trying to get draft pick out Turkish deal - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Draft pick Bojan Bogdanovic won't be available for at least one season, probably two - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
MarShon Brooks is happy to play for Nets, return to his New Jersey roots - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets hoping Bogdanovic will be released from European contract after one year - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
NBA PM: New Nets Say Hello, Goodbye - Alex Raskin - HoopsWorld
Despite Three Year Contract, Nets Hope To Have Second Round Pick Bojan Bogdanovic In 2012 - Ryan Jones - SB Nation New York
- Brooks glad to be back in New Jersey - AP
- NETS Rookies Brooks, Williams, Bogdanovic Raring to Go - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- NETS VIDEO: Chris Carrino Interviews MarShon Brooks - Chris Carrino - New Jersey Nets
- NETS VIDEO: Chris Carrino Interviews Bojan Bogdanovic - Chris Carrino - New Jersey Nets
- NETS VIDEO: Chris Carrino Interview Jordan Williams - Chris Carrino - New Jersey Nets
Videos Posted by Nets Basketball: Follow our Rookies! [HQ] (1) - Nets Basketball on Facebook
Tucker graduate heads to NBA, thanks to his mentor - Michael King - WXIA