Everybody has names, but no one has the name, the player at the top of the Nets list. A lot of pundits, beat reporters and draftniks think it's Justin Harper or Nolan Smith. Chad Ford hasn't relented (through three mock drafts) in his belief that it's Reggie Jackson of Boston College. And there's always someone no one's thought of.
Al Iannazzone and Fred Kerber both say the Nets are down to four names with Kerber specifically saying the four are Jackson, Harper, Smith and 6'3" Charleston sharpshooter Andrew Goudelock, in that order. The Star-Ledger's Zach Berman also hints it could be Jackson, a hyper athletic combo guard. "It’ll be a pretty good player," Billy King said. "In my mind, there’s probably four guys I really like. And I think one of the four will probably be there."
One thing everyone seems to agree on: the two players the Nets would trade for are Iman Shumpert of Georgia Tech and Nikola Vucevic of USC, but both are marching up the draft boards that count: the ones put together by general managers around the league. Iannazzone suggests one possible trading partner for the Nets could be the Rockets who pick at #14 and #23.
One concern about Jackson, Adrian Wojnarowski reports, is that he has refused to release his medical reports. He also hasn't worked out for anyone, not in individual workouts, not in group workouts, not in the Combine. Still, Woj reports, the Nets and Heat are interested.
- Nets trying to figure out draft puzzle - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Could be busy draft night as Nets start addressing roster - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Expect Nets to wheel and deal during Thursday's NBA Draft - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- As Knicks, Nets prepare for 2011 NBA draft, plenty of names on the radar in late first round - Frank Isola - New York Daily News
- NBA Draft 2011: What the Nets, Knicks need - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- NBA Draft 2011: The Star-Ledger's mock draft - Zach Berman - Star-Ledger
Marc Berman’s mock draft: lottery & locals - Marc Berman - New York Post
NBA Draft 2011: Kyrie Irving, St. Patrick alum, is a No. 1 prospect thanks to keen work ethic, talent - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Nets 2011 Draft Preview - New Jersey Nets - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Deron Williams not enough in 2011 Draft - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
Cavaliers mum on who'll go No. 1 - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Draft buzz: Knight likes Cavs -- at No. 1 - TrueHoop Blog - Andy Katz - ESPN
2011 NBA Draft Rumors Featuring Klay Thompson, Reggie Jackson And Courtney Lee - Scott Schroeder - Ridiculous Upside
The wait is over: Overlooked by major colleges, Cougars' Goudelock awaits his NBA fate - Tommy Brasswell - Charleston Post-Courier