Billy King gets a variation of the same question every day but he gives the same answer when asked who he's interested in. "You guys keep going around and about. I keep giving you the same answer," said King Monday. That’s what he said he’d do at No. 27 in the first round and No. 36 on the second.
Otherwise, the Nets last group workout was uneventful. King called the only first round prospect, Georgia SG Travis Leslie, "strong, really, really strong". Notre Dame point guard (and second team All-American) Ben Hansbrough talked about how his brother, Tyler, has been a big help in the draft process. St. John's product Dwight Hardy spoke about how he plans to go to Europe if he can't get an NBA job.
Among the others working out: Virginia shooting guard Mustapha Farrakhan, grandson of the Nation of Islam leader. The younger Farrakhan says his grandfather is a big sports fan who's been following his workouts.
- St. John's star Hardy works out for Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Dwight Hardy works out for New Jersey Nets, would play overseas - Kieran Darcy - ESPN New York
- NETS: 2011 NETS Draft Central June 20th Workout - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Nets look at ex-BEast standouts Hardy, Hansbrough - Tom Canavan - AP
Farrakhan grandson on Nets' draft radar - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Dwight Hardy works out for Nets, but St. John's guard may not be on Billy King's NBA draft board - Roger Rubin - New York Daily News
- Mustapha Farrakhan works out with Nets, carries his name with pride - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets work out Virginia's Mustapha Farrakhan - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Farrakhan’s Grandson Works Out for Nets - Adam Zagoria - Zags Blog
- Big East Stars Hardy, Hansbrough Work Out for Nets - Adam Zagoria - Zags Blog
Which St. John’s Guys Have a Chance to Be Drafted? - Will Leitch - New York Magazine