New Jersey Nets
Kris Humphries visited the Atlantic Yards site on Monday to promote ticket sales and talk rivalries. The construction of the Barclays Center continues to progress, but as the Nets' move to Brooklyn becomes more of a reality, so does the idea that it will be a long time before we see the rest of the Atlantic Yards project completed.
Documents filed last week by Forest City Enterprises to the Securities and Exchange Commission reveal that the rest of the $4.9 billion project is subject to "further delays." The New York Post also points out the possibility of the project not coming to fruition at all, but it's standard for such filings to spell out a worst-case scenario.
Meanwhile, Brett Yormark tells Sports Business Journal that Barclays Center’s grand opening is set for Sept. 28, 2012, capping a three-week run of soft openings tied to open houses and community events. The event that day should be announced in the next 30 days...but many believe it will be a concert by Jay-Z. The date was included in a story about how the Nets need to hire a new general manager for Barclays after the Knicks stole Alex Diaz from the Nets arena project.
- NBA deal is 'Net' loss for B'klyn - Rich Calder - New York Post
- The Post's questionable, conclusory "exclusive" - Norman Oder - Atlantic Yards Report
- Forest City Ratner Facing New Tests - Eliot Brown - Wall Street Journal
- Barclays Center shopping for a GM after Diaz’s departure - Don Muret - Sports Business Journal
- Watch out, Melo: Nets star Kris Humphries says rivalry with Knicks will heat up with Brooklyn move - Simone Weichelsbaum - New York Daily News
Turning Hipsters Into Hoopsters - Jason Gay - Wall Street Journal
Kris Humphries, Brett Yormark Tour Barclays Center - Newshopper
- Save the date! Barclays Center to open on Sept. 28, 2012 - Gary Buiso - Brooklyn Paper
Nets' Brooklyn project reportedly could be scaled back - Dave D'Alessandro & Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger