The Nets and Heat met twice in the first 12 days of the season, but haven't met since. The Nets go into Sunday's meeting at the Rock having lost nine of their last 10 games, while the Heat have won 10 of their last 12. But the only team the Nets beat in the last three weeks was one of the only ones to beat Miami.
That loss in Cleveland began a four-game trip that concludes in Newark. LeBron James (27.9), Dwyane Wade (27.1) and Chris Bosh (21.8) are all averaging 20-plus over the 10-2 stretch. Mike Bibby has given the Miami offense a boost, but has hurt what was a top-ranked defense.
The Heat need the win to stay ahead of the Celtics for the second seed in the East. The Nets need a competitive game for a moral boost. There's no word yet whether Kris Humphries will be able to play. Mike Miller and Mario Chalmers could return for Miami.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Miami Heat Game Notes - Miami Heat
Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
Getting Inside - Miami Heat - Sports Xchange
- Heat-Nets Preview - Kate Hedlin - STATS LLC
- Nets hoping Heat visit generates some energy - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets need to find heart - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets need to show up for Heat visit - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Nets don't need added motivation when James, Heat visit tonight - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- LeBron James' minutes are piling up - Brian Windhorst - ESPN
- Pat Riley confirms working out free-agent center Eddy Curry - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Riley works out Eddy Curry among others - Joseph Goodman - Miami Herald
- Game #77: Miami Heat (53-23) vs. New Jersey Nets (23-52) - David Dwork - Peninsula is Mightier