Don't worry. You're not going to lose your "Die Hard Nets Fan" status if you chose not to watch this one or decided to turn it off early. With the two teams missing a combined 11 players from their regular rotation, the Raptors beat the Nets, 99-92, at the Air Canada Centre Sunday night.
The Raptors shot 66 percent (25-for-38) in the first half and led by 19 at the break. With Mario West playing point guard, the Nets made a run in the fourth quarter. They got to within four with 46 seconds left, but it was too little, too late.
The Nets shot 39 percent from the field and allowed the Raptors as many offensive rebounds (15) as they had defensive boards. Brook Lopez led them with 35 points and 11 rebounds, while Sasha Vujacic added 19 points. And the injuries kept coming, as Ben Uzoh left the game in the third quarter with a bruised right knee and West appeared to injure his left shoulder during the Nets' run in the fourth.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets-Raptors notebook - Holly J. MacKenzie
- Bayless scores 19 points, Raptors beat Nets 99-92 - AP
- Losses and injuries continue piling up as Nets fall to Raptors - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Brook Lopez's 35 points not enough as Nets fall to Raptors - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: Anthony Morrow finished for season - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- The pain is almost over - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Undermanned Raptors knock off Nets - Doug Smith - Toronto Star
- Bayless leads Raptors past Nets - Lori Ewing - Canadian Press
- Raptors shoot down Nets - Ryan Wolstat - Toronto Sun
- Raptors take battle of injury-ravaged squads - Eric Koreen - National Post
- Catching Up With Ben Uzoh - Ryan McNeill - Hoops Addict