At some point before 1 p.m. Sunday, the Nets will announce what's going on with Deron Williams. No matter who plays, the Nets will be facing a team that is almost as bad as the Cavaliers, meaning historically bad. Billy King, Avery Johnson and Williams were expected to discuss D-Will's wrist injury in Washington Saturday night. Shutting him down for the season remains an option, according to the latest reporting by Nets beat writers.
The Wizards, who've lost six straight, are also losers of 13 of their last 14 overall and eight of their last nine at home . Two of their best young players, Nick Young and Andray Blatche are questionable, although their replacements, and Trevor Booker, have played well in their absence. John Wall, the No. 1 overall pick, is also trying to pick up the slack, averaging 18.5 points, 6.8 rebounds and 6.8 assists during the Wizards' six-game skid.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Washington Wizards Game Notes - Washington Wizards
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Washington Wizards - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Wizards Preview - Stats LLC
- Nets weighing Deron shutdown - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Ailing Deron Williams may shut it down - Al Iannazzone - The Record
King, Johnson, Williams discuss strategy to handle injury - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Williams May Be Done, But Assists Streak Continues - Benjamin Hoffman - New York Times
Wizards rookies getting opportunity on depleted roster - Michael Lee - Washington Post