The Nets are still streaking. They came back from 20 points down against the Clippers and shut L.A. down in overtime to pick up their fourth straight win before a sellout crowd, the season's second, at the Prudential Center. While a lot of the 18,711 came to see Blake Griffin, it was Kris Humphries who stole the show.
Hump had 19 points, a career high 20 rebounds, shot 8 for 8 and played Griffin tough the whole night.
The Clippers took control with an 18-3 run in the first quarter and led by as many as 20 points in the second. But the Nets came all the way back and took the lead late in the third. The game went back and forth from there, with Brook Lopez putting the Nets up one with a layup with three seconds left in regulation. Lopez then fouled Griffin on the other end, but Griffin missed his second free throw, sending the game to overtime, the Nets' third in the last five games. Lopez and Jordan Farmar scored four points apiece in OT, and the Nets held the Clippers to just four to pull out the win. Humphries added to his heroics by twice taking charges on Griffin.
The Nets shot 48 percent for the game. Lopez and Farmar led them with 24 points apiece, with Lopez grabbing seven rebounds and Farmar dishing out seven assists. All of Farmar's points came in the second half. Travis Outlaw, Sundiata Gaines and Anthony Morrow all finished with nine. Gaines also had five rebounds and six assists in 17 minutes.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Clippers-Nets notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
- Nightly Notable: Blake Griffin (Video) - NBA.com
Dunk of the Night: Blake Griffin (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets beat Clippers in OT, win 4th straight - Brian Mahoney - AP
Rare Sellout Sets Stage as Nets Win in OT - Mark Viera - New York Times
- Nets push past Blake Griffin's Clippers for thrilling 102-98 victory in OT - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Newark native Randy Foye draws crowd at Nets game - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Big comeback vs. Clippers propels Nets to fourth straight win - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Humphries draws two key charges - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets cut down the Clippers for their fourth win in a row - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets notes: Deron Williams rests wrist - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets treat fans to fantastic finish - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Marv Albert & Mike Fratello - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Jordan Farmar Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Nets beat Clippers in overtime (Video) - SNY
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 102, Clippers 98 (OT) - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
Griffin's emphatic dunks not enough as Clips fall - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Blake Griffin misses potential game-winning free throw for Clippers as Nets win in overtime 102-98 - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
A game of heroes: Nets win thriller against the Clippers, 102-98 - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Farmar shows grit in comeback win (with Post-game Video) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
Farmar Finds Shot in 2nd Half, Nets Come Back to Win - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Nets rally from 20-point deficit to defeat the Clippers in overtime - Lisa Dillman - Los Angeles Times
New Jersey Nets 102 - Los Angeles Clippers 98 - Kris Humphries Does it Again - Steve Perrin - Clips Nation
Orlando Magic Mascot Stuff Thrown Out of Nets Game - Larry Brown Sports