The Nets face the New Orleans Roller Coaster, uh, Hornets Wednesday. After matching the franchise's longest winning streak at 10 last month to pull into third place out west, the Hornets have dropped five of six and three in a row. They're hurting because Emeka Okafor is hurting. So is Trevor Ariza. Neither will play vs. the Nets.
Of course, the Hornets have Chris Paul, who's coveted by all. Paul is averaging nearly 17 and 10, and Nets nemesis David West nearly 19 and 7.5. For the Nets, it's a chance to get out of their funk. Jordan Farmar is back and Anthony Morrow has a motivation to show just how good he is from deep. Then, on the other hand, the Nets are averaging 86.7 points during their three-game losing streak and are 2-30 when failing to score 93.
The Nets will feature an Evening of Chinese Culture starting before the game. The event’s festivities begin at 5 p.m., while game time is 7 p.m. Round trip bus service to the game will be available from Chinatown in Manhattan.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- New Orleans Hornets Game Notes - New Orleans Hornets
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets. - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - New Orleans Hornets - Sports Xchange
- Hornets-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- NETS to Host "An Evening of Chinese Culture" for Third Time - New Jersey Nets
Nets hope Farmar can provide jolt - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Nets opting to sit tight - Pete Caldera - The Record
Nets' sluggish starts reflect badly on everyone - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
New Orleans Hornets suffering on defense with Trevor Ariza out injured - Jimmy Smith - New Orleans Times-Picayune
Williams wants Hornets to regain toughness - Brett Marcus - AP