The Nets have won five of their last six at home, beating among others the Jazz and the Nuggets at "The Rock". But they haven't beaten a division rival in that stretch. In fact, they haven't played a division rival in six weeks. Now, they will get a chance to move up a bit when they play the 76ers at home Wednesday.
The Sixers, however, have won four of five and are coming off an impressive bounce-back victory, just another sign that they've put their woeful start behind them. Like the Nets, the Sixers beat Denver this week and like the Nets did it with an impressive offensive show, shooting 55%. Andre Iguodala, now healthy, and Thaddeus Young have led Philly's recent surge, combining for 45 on Sunday.
The Nets are coming off what was their biggest and perhaps most emotional win. Devin Harris and Brook Lopez are playing particularly well. Harris averaged 9.9 assists in January while Lopez average 20.4 points and shot 54% for the month. Orien Greene, the Nets first 10-day contract in six years, is expected to suit up after practicing Tuesday.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers Game Notes - Philadelphia 76ers
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Philadephia 76ers - Sports Xchange
- 76ers-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- With Carmelo Anthony bluster aside, spotlight shines on Nets Devin Harris - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Outlaw sighting for Nets - David Satriano - New York Post
- Morrow hopes bid is on target - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Net result: Brook Lopez is on the up - Al Iannazzone - The Record
With 'Melo gone, Nets need to keep focus - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Farmar shoots and shoots for Friday - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Deconstructing Melo - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Sixers are Iguodala's team, if he wants the role - John Smallwood - Philadelphia Daily News
- With Sixers healthy, Collins back to switching things up - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News
- 76ers' Holiday chosen for Rookie Challenge - Kate Fagan - Philadelphia Inquirer
Iguodala, Holiday embrace change - Tom Moore - Bucks County Courier-Times
Sixers keep getting evolved in games - Dennis Deitch - Delco Times