The NBA revealed the 2011-12 revised schedule Tuesday night. And the Nets will open their season on Monday, Dec. 26 in Washington. They will then play their home opener against the Hawks on Tuesday, Dec. 27 at the Prudential Center.
The Nets' schedule is road-heavy to start, with just four of their first 14 games being played in Newark.
The Nets' visit to London for two games against the Magic has also been canceled.
The only national TV exposure the Nets are scheduled to get is four games on NBA TV, including Deron Williams' return to Utah on Jan. 14. They have two back-to-back-to-back sets: Jan. 21 (vs. OKC), 22 (vs. Charlotte), 23 (at Chicago) and Feb. 18 (at Chicago), 19 (vs. Milwaukee) 20 (at New York).
The Nets will play six teams four times: Atlanta, Charlotte, Cleveland, Indiana, Philadelphia and Toronto. They will play three Western Conference teams twice: Golden State, Utah and the Clippers. Last game vs. the Knicks in New Jersey: April 18. Last regular season game in New Jersey: April 23 vs. the 76ers.
- 2011-12 New Jersey Nets Schedule - New Jersey Nets
- Nets 2011-12 schedule - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
Hawks visit Newark in final Jersey opener for Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- NBA schedule announced: Nets open in Washington, Dec. 26 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
NBA solidifies dates - The Record
- N.J. Nets have jam-packed schedule - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
NJ Nets 2011-12 schedule - The InterNets
- Rapid Reaction: Nets' 2011-12 schedule - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- More on the Nets' 2011-12 sked - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- NBA schedule has 42 back-to-back-to-backs - AP
NBA London games cancelled - London Daily Mail