After taking questions from Evan Roberts and Joe Benigno at WFAN Studios, Deron Williams moved on a restaurant near his new house in SoHo and took more questions from the Nets beat writers...and said the same thing to them.
The big new headline? Asked if Dwight Howard would sign an extension if traded to Nets, WIlliams said, "I’m sure he would." He did not explain his certainty but he said he and Howard do talk. "He knows I want to play with him I don't think there's a player in NBA that doesn't want to. I'm sure he'd love to play with me as well."
Asked about the specificity of 90%, he told writers, it was more just a number that popped in his head. But he added that he certainly has "strong feeling" he'll re-sign. But if the Nets were able to get Dwight Howard? "That would be enough to convince me."
Of Barclays Center, Williams said, "It’s going to be big. I’ve been over to the site before I left. It’s going to be amazing."
- Deron has 'strong feeling' he's staying with Nets - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
Nets’ Deron Williams wants Dwight Howard to join him in Brooklyn - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Williams says 'in a perfect world' he'd prefer to stay with Nets - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams says it’s a '90%' chance he’ll stay with team, especially if it trades for Howard - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Hope and Optimism, by Deron Williams - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Deron Williams will stay with Nets if they sign Dwight Howard - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Deron wants to stay, and wants Dwight - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- No move to Knicks for Nets star Williams - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday
Nets' Williams Makes a Pitch for Howard - Howard Beck - New York Times
Deron Williams says he wants to remain with Nets - Sports Xchange
Deron ‘Plans to Stay,’ Gives Great Odds - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets