The Nets might be Dwight Howard's future team, but they're not as good as his current team (with him on it, at least). In their first of three meetings this season, the Magic dropped the Nets to 1-2 with a 94-78 defeat in Orlando on Thursday.
The Magic took control early and led by as many as 20 points midway through the second quarter, but rookie MarShon Brooks led the Nets back to within six at halftime. They got to within three early in the third quarter, but Orlando kept them at bay and put them away with a 9-2 run midway through the fourth.
The Nets have still yet to shoot 40 percent from the field this season, and they had just two players in double-figures on Thursday. Brooks led the way with 17 points on 7-for-15 shooting, hitting both of his 3-point attempts. Deron Williams added 10 points, but shot just 2-for-12 from the field and had another six turnovers. Anthony Morrow was 2-for-10.
Former Net Ryan Anderson led all scorers with 22 points, while Howard added 16 points and 24 rebounds.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Magic have little trouble in beating Nets 94-78 - AP
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- MarShon Brooks Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
Block of the Night - Dwight Howard (Video) - NBA.com
- Nets no match for Dwight Howard and the Magic - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Looking back at the Nets' 94-78 loss to the Magic - Tim Bontemps - New York Post Nets Blog
- Dwight Howard, Magic drop Deron Williams, Nets, 94-78 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Williams doesn't make great sales pitch for Howard in 94-78 loss - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Nets vexed by Magic in Orlando, 94-78 - Andy Vasquez - The Record
Howard Shows Nets How Much They Could Use Him - Pete Karasotis - New York Times
- Rapid Reaction: Magic 94, Nets 78 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Howard dominates the paint with 24 rebounds as Magic rout Nets - Josh Robbins - Orlando Sentinel
- Deron Williams talks about loss to Magic (Video) - Orlando Sentinel
Orlando Magic 94, New Jersey Nets 78 - Evan Dunlop - Orlando Pinstriped Post
MAGIC: Denton's Notebook: December 29, 2011 - John Denton - Orlando Magic