Are you happy with a "big three" of: DWill, Nene, Brook Lopez? Do you think that such a foundation strong enough to contend annually for a championship? I don't!
I ask this because Nene is going to get somewhere between 10 - 14 million after it's all said and done. Do you want the nets to spend that kind of money on Nene?
My plan: Offer 10 - 12 million to Greg Oden
I know that his health situation makes it risky, but here's why;
1) if healthy, he provides an anchor for the defense - brute strength, rebounding and shot blocking.
2) He's has more offensive potential than Brook Lopez as your primary post option. He already has a soft touch around the rim and shoots a higher percentage. He just needs some more time to refine his post game a bit. A summer with Hakeem would do him wonders.
3) You can pair him with Brook. (ie Gasol and Bynum)
4) A foundation of DWill, Lopez, Oden is much stronger that a foundation of DWill, Lopez, Nene.
4) If his health fails, you can always use the stretch provision on him. But at least you shot for greatness, not just average.
What's your plan B?