The Nets added Shelden Williams to the roster Tuesday, but Avery Johnson indicates the new guy will be used primarily as a center. That means they've still got a hole at the power forward position. And if things don't change before then, Johnson says that D-Leaguer Dennis Horner could start at the four against Amar'e Stoudemire and the Knicks on Saturday. "Or you’ll see us go with Petro and Brook or maybe Damion James at the 4," Johnson says.
Stephen Graham has even been playing some power forward. James and Graham should be the small forwards on Saturday. Johnson says that Travis Outlaw will be cleared to practice on Friday, but won't play in Saturday's game. Friday happens to be the deadline to waive a player with the amnesty clause.
- Nets add Shelden Williams - Andy Vasquez - NJ Nets Nation
- Nets officially sign forward Shelden Williams - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Johnson talks about Shelden Williams, Outlaw's injury and Jordan Williams' fitness - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Nets need to make move on Nene - Tim Bontemps - New York Post Nets Blog
- 'Landlord' takes his game over the Hudson - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Notebook: Dennis Horner? Who's that? - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets Practice Report - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets