This is the time of year when European teams participate in national cup competition. Regardless of strength or weakness, every team in the country gets a chance for a national trophy. It's begun in Turkey with the Champions Cup and it's already completed in Israel with the Chance Cup.
Maccabi Tel Aviv, who's one of Europe's strongest teams, dominated the Chance Cup, winning the championship Thursday in a three-game series, two of which were blowouts. Jordan Farmar continued his strong guard play, averaging 12 points and 4 assists for Maccabi, including 9 points, 4 assists and 3 rebounds in the four-point win over Hapoel Holon Thursday night.
- Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv Wins Chance Cup 2011 - Amy Samin - Maccabi Tel Aviv
- Maccabi Crushes Netanya 117 – 66 - Amy Samin - Maccabi Tel Aviv
- Maccabi Over Hapoel Jerusalem 102 – 82 - Amy Samin - Maccabi Tel Aviv
- Maccabi Tel Aviv takes Chance Cup - Allon Sinai - Jerusalem Post
- Hap. Holon makes Maccabi sweat - Haaretz
NBA Outsourcing – Week 1 - Noam Schiller - NBA Outsourcing