David Stern made the media rounds on Thursday, explaining the owners' position in the NBA lockout and stressing the importance of next week's talks with federal mediator George Cohen. The two sides will meet separately with Cohen on Monday and then together on Tuesday. Adding importance to the talks are board meetings for the owners later in the week.
"It's time to make the deal," Stern told Mike Francesa. "If we don't make it on Tuesday, my gut ... is that we won't be playing on Christmas Day."
Meanwhile, Stefan Bondy offers his take on what the owners' latest proposal would mean for the Nets' future.
- Stern doubts Christmas games if no deal Tuesday - Brian Mahoney - AP
- Stern: Deal or despair by Tuesday - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Stern sounding desperate to make a deal - Chris Sheridan - SheridanHoops
- David Stern Interview (Audio) - Mike Francesa - WFAN
- Stern: If no deal early next week, whole season in jeopardy - David Aldridge - NBA.com
- One-On-One With David Stern (Video) - David Aldridge - NBA TV
Hunter: Players prepared to miss games - Marc J. Spears - Yahoo! Sports
What the league's latest proposal would mean for the Nets - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets