Hello there! I'm Charlie, I write for the Knicks SNB website, Posting&Toasting, and I wanted to know what you guys think, as a fanbase, about the whole Carmelo Anthony situation. I tried to ask in the Melo threads, but there are so many contributors that I get passed by too quickly! I just have a few questions, and I apologize for the phrasing; I am not a troll and I can't think of any other ways to ask these questions. All of these questions are assuming the trade goes through fairly soon.
1. How do you feel about the $65 million extension? I know money isn't an issue for the Nets because of the owner, but this question regards the salary cap.
2. Who do you see as the true "second best" player of the Nets going forward? Is Brook Lopez just in a funk?
2a. Assuming Lopez is only in a funk, Do you think either he or Carmelo will learn how to pass? If not, should they run mostly independent isolations?
3. How do you think Carmelo Anthony will mesh with Avery Johnson?
4. Do you think a follow-up move is on its way?
5. What is the ceiling for the New Nets?
Thanks for any answers at all. I'm confident you guys will show up in this fanpost in droves, as your community is among the most active I've seen anywhere on the internet.