The Nets capped off a 4-1 homestand and evened their home record at 11-11 with a comeback victory over the Memphis Grizzlies at the Prudential Center on Wednesday night.
The Nets made just six of their first 22 shots and trailed by 16 points at the end of the first quarter. They were down 13 late in the third when they used a 20-7 run, capped by a Devin Harris three at the shot clock buzzer, to tie it with 7 1/2 minutes to go in the fourth. Harris put them ahead with a drive a minute and a half later and the Nets then went up seven, but the Grizzlies cut the lead to one with 25.2 seconds left. The Nets were back up three with 7.3 seconds to go, but O.J. Mayo's attempt to tie was off and Brook Lopez sealed the game at the line.
The Nets shot 44 percent from the field and 9-for-17 from 3-point range, assisting on 26 of their 36 field goals. Led by Anthony Morrow's 19 points, the Nets' bench outscored the Grizzlies' bench 56-12. Harris and Lopez scored 19 of their combined 30 points in the fourth quarter.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
Grizzlies-Nets notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
- Nets rally from 13-point 2nd half deficit to win - Tom Canavan - AP
- Nets end solid homestand with 93-88 win over Grizzlies - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets coach Avery Johnson finding good chemistry for first time this season - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
New Jersey goes 4-1 on homestand - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Tough sledding as Devin Harris, Nets hold off Grizzlies - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Nets tame Grizzlies for fourth win in five games - Pete Calder - The Record
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
- Brook Lopez Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
Anthony Morrow Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Rapid Reaction: Nets 93, Grizzlies 88 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Surging Nets close out homestand 4-1 - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Bench carries Nets to 93-88 victory Wednesday - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Gay on Nets' free-agent courtship: 'It never got that far' - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Johnson clarifies comments about New Jersey - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets Pass the Baton to Beat Grizzlies - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Rejuvenated Nets target play-offs as Raptors slump - Michael Weinstein - London Evening Standard
Stagnant Grizzlies falter in 2nd half, lose to Nets, 93-88 - Ronald Tillery - Memphis Commercial Appeal