If Mikhail Prokhorov only watched games in person, he would think his team was 5-1. The owner was again in his suite at the Prudential Center to see the Nets shut down the Detroit Pistons, 89-74, on Friday.
The Nets led by 10 early, but the game was tied midway through the third quarter. That's when a Travis Outlaw three gave them the lead for good. And it was an Anthony Morrow flurry early in the fourth that opened the game up.
The Nets shot 50 percent from the field, while holding the Pistons to just 33 percent. Brook Lopez led the way with 15 points, Kris Humphries recorded a double-double, and Devin Harris dished out nine assists.
After a slow start in his first game back from injury, Morrow finished with 10 points on 4-for-8 shooting. For the second straight game, the Nets outrebounded their opponents by a significant margin, garnering 44 rebounds to the Pistons' 31, after doing the same by a 44-31 margin against the Jazz.
The Nets are 5-2 in their last seven home games and matched last year's 12-win total. The Nets won their 12th and last game last season on April 9.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Morrow scores 10 in row to lead Nets over Pistons - Tom Canavan - AP
- Nets-Pistons notebook - Jake Appleman - NBA.com
Block of the Night: Devin Harris (Video) - NBA.com
Morrow comes up big in return - Mike Mazzeo - ESPN New York
- Nets win another one with owner watching, beating Pistons, 89-74 - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Anthony Morrow returns to Nets' lineup with timely shooting - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Nets get lift from owner to win 2nd straight - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Trade talk leaves Rip frustrated - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- No Carmelo Anthony trade, no problem for Nets in win over Pistons in front of Mikhail Prokhorov - Ebenezer Samuel - New York Daily News
- Pistons Can Be Example, Not Trade Partner, for Nets - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times
- As Anthony Waits Out Uncertain Future, So Does Hamilton - Jonathan Abrams - New York Times
Nets notes: Troy Murphy may still be traded - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Prokhorov watches Harris, Nets match last year's win total - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Pre-Game: Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- Post-Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
- From the Booth (Video) - Ian Eagle & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Devin Harris Interview (Video) - Jessica Taff - YES Network
- Avery Johnson Press Conference (Video) - YES Network
Morrow returns in Nets' second straight win (With Post-game Audio) - Greg Hrinya - Examiner
- Morrow Reloads After Misfires, Aims Toward Victory - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Hamilton still uncertain of role with Pistons - AP
- Cold-shooting Pistons lose to lowly Nets - Vincent Goodwill - Detroit News
- Pistons' Rip Hamilton on benching: Nobody is telling me anything - Vincent Goodwill - Detroit News
- Pistons notes, quotes from Friday's loss at Nets - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
- Pistons guard Richard Hamilton: 'Nobody ain't spoke to me' - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
Pistons' Austin Daye roots for Jets QB, pal Mark Sanchez - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
- Pistons can blame lack of energy on high number of isolation play calls - Justin Rogers - MLive
- Net Loss - Keith Langlois - Detroit Pistons
Postgame Quotes - Detroit Pistons