Carmelo Anthony was peppered with media questions after the Nuggets' practice Wednesday and the object of the Nets' affections said New Jersey had not approached him about a sign-and-trade or anything else. He apparently wasn't asked if his agent or his advisors had spoken with the Nets.
"Not at all,'' the Denver star said when asked if anyone from New Jersey approached him about he whether might want to sign an extension. However, when asked about his desire to play for the Nets, 'Melo was non-committal. "I'm here. This ain't the offseason. The season has started. I'm not a free agent yet.''
Meanwhile, there's plenty of evidence that the Nets still want 'Melo, but at what price and with who remains the issue. Al Iannazzone reports "some discussions already have begun involving different teams and players than the original four teams who nearly had a done deal Friday." As Devin Harris said Wednesday, ""You’ve got to understand, it could spark back up tomorrow."
- Anthony talks about La La Vazquez and a possible trade to the Nets - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
Carmelo Anthony gives hint of summer disagreements - Benjamin Hochman - Denver Post
- Carmelo Anthony Denies Saying He'd Sign Extension With Nets - Chris Tomasson - CBS Sports
- Melo says he was never approached about the Nets - Royce Young - CBS Sports
- Anthony focusing on basketball, not future - AP
- Carmelo Anthony denies ever agreeing to deal with Nets - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Devin Harris will know his future in due time - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets smart to end Melodrama, for now - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Nets will talk to Nuggets again - Al Iannazzone - YES Network
- Nets still could reopen trade talks - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Carmelo still looks ready to get out of Denver - Christian Red - New York Daily News
The big Carmelo Anthony deal that didn't happen - Kelly Dwyer - Ball Don't Lie
- Carmelo Anthony says he's happy to play in Denver this season - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
AK trade rumors dead for now - Tim Buckley - Deseret News