Carmelo Anthony is not sold on the Nets. In spite of a report he had agreed to sign an extension with New Jersey and the team's confidence he would agree to sign, Yahoo! Sports reports early Sunday that not only is Denver wavering, so is Anthony.
"Anthony’s willingness to accept a contract extension with the Nets has begun to deteriorate over the weekend," write Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears. "Sources said at least some part of his uneasiness has come from conversations with former Nets players around the league."
Anthony has been told that despite new ownership and a new arena, there's "empty seats, fan apathy and second-class citizenship in the shadows of the Knicks."
So, Anthony has been pressing team management to get him a deal with the Knicks, among others, staying in constant contact with them. Meanwhile, multiple reports out of New Jersey, New York and Colorado suggest the deal will either succeed or collapse on Sunday. One thing is certain: the Nets are willing to make as many moves as necessary to get agreements from Anthony and the Nuggets so they can make the the three-time all-Star the face of their franchise.
- Nets trade for 'Melo nears crossroads - Adrian Wojnarowski & Marc J. Spears - Yahoo! Sports
- Melo deal in holding pattern - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
Carmelo Anthony four-team trade enters holding pattern - Marc Stein - ESPN
- Nuggets could pull the plug on trade - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Players are stuck in limbo - Fred Kerber - New York Post
D'Antoni, Walsh like looks of this year's Knicks - Marc Berman - New York Post
Favors ignoring trade rumors as Carmelo Anthony talk swirls - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Melo wait has Nets antsy - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- You just can't take the Brooklyn out of this kid - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- If Melo arrives, so do Nets - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- Stoudemire still can see pal as Knick - Frank Isola - New York Daily News
- Knicks not in Melo mood - Steve Adamek - The Record
Knicks open camp looking past acquiring Carmelo - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday
Nuggets' dealing Carmelo Anthony hits a snag - Benjamin Hochberg - Denver Post
- Paige: No hurry to satisfy Melo's demands - Woody Paige - Denver Post
- Favors' favorable upside for Nuggets - Chris Dempsey - Denver Post
- Wishing Melo the best, except against Nuggets - Mark Kiszla - Denver Post
Anthony, Nuggets have to play ball together one way or another - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
What's the Hold Up? - Bill Ingram - HoopsWorld