Sean May has agreed to a one-year, non-guaranteed contract with the Nets. May, a 6'9" PF, has been plagued by related issues of weight control, conditioning and injury since entering the NBA as the #13 pick out of North Carolina in 2005. May's contract is similar to that of rookies Brian Zoubek and Ben Uzoh.
In five years, May has played in only 119 games, starting 25. He missed the entire 2007-08 season after microfacture surgery. He played in 37 games for the Kings last season, the most in his career, averaging 3.3 ppg and 1.9 rpg in less than 9 minutes a game. May is 26.
"I like (the fit) a lot," May wrote FanHouse via text message. "I think it's a perfect opportunity." May said he had spoken to the Jazz before agreeing to sign with New Jersey. He also had a message for fans via Twitter: "Appreciate all the love!! Thank you! I'm excited about the Future and Helping the Nets!" May is expected sign with the Nets Monday.
- Nets agree to contract with May - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Nets bringing Sean May to camp - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
Nets sign ex-UNC star - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets add forward Sean May to training camp roster - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Sean May to Sign With New Jersey Nets - Sam Amick - FanHouse
- May's Last Shot - Yannis Koutroupis - HoopsWorld
Sean May Lands in New Jersey - WCHL