Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Nuggets have decided to deal Carmelo Anthony and that the Nets and the Clippers "have emerged as the two most probable destinations for Anthony because they have assets that appeal to Denver"--young players and draft picks.
Woj doesn't detail who or what Denver would want for 'Melo but the Nets have 10 players under the age of 27 and 10 draft picks over the next three years. Beyond the two coastal teams, which appeal to Anthony's wife, LaLa Vasquez, Woj thinks three others could make a play: the Rockets, Warriors and possibly the Bobcats.
Woj says Anthony told new Nuggets owner, 30-year-old Josh Kroenke, last weekend that he wanted out.
The meeting grew testy, he writes, and there's now little if any hope Anthony will stay in Denver. "Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded."
- Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo! Sports
- Report: Carmelo/Nuggets headed for divorce - Alan Hahn - New York Newsday
- Kiszla: Carmelo Anthony divorce best for Nuggets - Mark Kiszla - Denver Post
- Bulls not on Melo's list [yet] - Doug Thonus - Chicago Sun-Times
- Report: ‘Melo Wants Trade – Knicks, Nets Possible - CBS New York
Apparently Camelo Anthony doesn't want a title, just wants out - Kurt Helin - NBC Sports
Melo'd out... - Andrew Feinstein - Denver Stiffs