When he stepped down from his job as president of the Nets, Rod Thorn said he wasn't retiring. And he wasn't kidding. Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the 76ers have hired Thorn as their new president. Former Nets general manager Ed Stefanski has been demoted from president to GM in Philly.
Chris Mannix reports that new coach Doug Collins will join Thorn and Stefanski at a press conference Thursday to introduce Thorn. Of course, It's been less than four weeks since Thorn was replaced in New Jersey by Bily King. King was available after Stefanski replaced him in 2007. It's caused Chad Ford to ask, "Did the Sixers and Nets swap front offices?"
At the time of Thorn's departure, various explanations were offered as to why he was leaving, from family to a salary dispute with Mikhail Prokhorov. Thorn denied he had any dispute with the new Russian ownership and Prokhorov said the same.
- Sixers set to hire Thorn as president - Adrian Wojnarowski - Yahoo!
- Thorn rejoining Stefanski in Philly - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
- Philadelphia 76ers tab Rod Thorn as new president - Chris Mannix - Sports Illustrated
- AP Source: 76ers to hire Thorn as team president - Dan Gelston - AP
- Former Nets GM Rod Thorn to Be Named 76ers Team President - Sam Amick - FanHouse
- Sixers hire Rod Thorn as team president, Ed Stefanski moves to GM - Rob Mahoney - NBC Sports
- 76ers hiring Thorn as president; Stefanski to stay - Kate Fagan - Philadelphia Inquirer
Source: Sixers to hire Thorn as president; Stefanski to remain GM - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News
- Sixers Hire Thorn as Team President - Dei Lynam - CSN Philly
76ers hire Thorn as Nets’ front office reunited - Denis Deitch - Delco Times
Sixers hire Thorn as team president - Al Iannazzone - The Record