The Nets formally announced the signings of Jordan Farmar, Travis Outlaw and Johan Petro on Wednesday, and then had all four of their new players (including Anthony Morrow acquired in a sign-and-trade) meet the media. They're young, they're apparently happy to be here, and they're looking for an opportunity to play.
None is more enthusiastic than Farmar. Before traveling to New Jersey, he had been at an ESPYs event in Hollywood. He said, and we quote ESPN, "I think the Nets are going to win the championship this year."
Who could be next? Finding a power forward won't be easy, especially if the Nets want to retain most or all of the salary cap space they currently have. "I’m not necessarily confident it will happen before training camp," Avery Johnson said.
- The Four Horsemen of East Rutherford - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Jordan Farmar going from NBA champion to 12-win team? Huh? - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
Jersey foursome ready to perform - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Meet The New Guys - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
Nets introduce free agents, Prokhorov Q&A Pt. II - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Farmar leaves rings behind and joins Nets, looking to be more than a backup - Tom Canavan - AP
New Jersey Nets Introduce, Embrace, Plan B - Rodger Sherman - SB Nation
Four Free Agents, One Word: Opportunity - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Avery Johnson Conference Call (Audio) - New Jersey Nets
Farmar Heads to Jersey - Marc Tracy - Tablet Magazine
Which new Net are you most happy about?
Jordan Farmar (396 votes)
Anthony Morrow (959 votes)
Travis Outlaw (378 votes)
Johan Petro (38 votes)
1771 total votes