The NBA's Board of Governors won't vote to approve Mikhail Prokhorov's purchase of the Nets until the site of the Brooklyn arena is vacant, and that's not going to happen before April 16. The vote is considered a formality. The documentation for the purchase has already been filed and a background check on Prokhorov is complete. "Site possession is the only thing impacting the timing of the vote," said NBA president Joel Litvin.
An ESDC spokesman told GlobeSt., a real estate blog, the arena footprint would not be legally "vacated" until all tenants have been relocated adding, "We hope to accomplish this within the next month or two."
- Nets ownership transfer to Mikhail Prokhorov delayed again - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- NBA likely to delay vote on Nets ownership - AP
- NBA delays vote to approve sale of Nets to Mikhail Prokhorov - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Atlantic Yards holdouts holding up Nets sale to Russian billionaire - Rich Calder - New York Post
League delays approving Prokhorov - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- The Wait Continues - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- NBA's vote on Prokhorov delayed - Julian Garcia - The InterNets
Arena Foes Back in Court as NBA Delays Vote - Paul Bubny - Globe St.