Get this oddity: The Grizzlies haven't won at home in five weeks, eight straight losses. The Nets on the other hand haven't lost on the road in four weeks, three straight wins. Bodes well for the Nets, you might think. Of course the last time these two teams played, at the IZOD, the Nets were up by 18...and lost by 10. Yi Jianlian is not with the team (high ankle sprain) and one has to wonder how long Courtney Lee can keep up his torrid shooting. Over the last three games, he's averaging 24.7 ppg, shooting 60.9% (28 for 46) overall and 78.6% (11 for 14) from the arc! He's also a perfect 9 for 9 from the stripe. Indeed, the Nets' perimeter threesome of Lee, Devin Harris and Terrence Williams are playing their best ball, both individually and collectively, of the season.
Meanwhile, their counterparts in Memphis, Mike Conley, O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay, are also playing well, although Gay's game has slipped the last week. Expect a lot more questions about his off-season availability. The 23-year-old is on a lot of team's wish lists...if they can't get one of the top tier free agents. He said nice things about the Nets in New Jersey.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - - New Jersey Nets
- Memphis Grizzlies Game Notes - - Memphis Grizzlies
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Memphis Grizzlies - - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Grizzlies Preview - - Stats
- A Trip Back And The Road Ahead - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Calipari is in CDR’s corner - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets play Grizzlies next - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Previewing today's Grizzlies-Nets game - Ron Tillery - Memphis Commercial Appeal
- Sprained ankle forces Yi Jianlian to miss Nets' four-game road trip - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
NBA: New Jersey Nets vs. Memphis Grizzlies 3/8/2010 - - AccuScore