Expect to see more stories like this as Mikhail Prokhorov inches closer to owning the Nets, stories of unimaginable wealth. While traveling in France with Russia's President Tuesday, Prokhorov got word he lost a suit to recover a $53 million deposit he put down on the world's most expensive home, a $750 million estate on the Riviera. That's the equivalent of a $5,000 loss for someone worth $1.7 million.
- Mikhail Prokhorov loses $53 million deposit on world's highest-priced home - Star-Ledger
- Russian billionaire loses £36m deposit he put down on the world's most expensive home - Ian Sparks - London Daily Mail
- Billionaire loses £36 million on house deposit - Stephen White - London Daily Mirror
- Russia's richest oligarch loses his Riviera deposit - Paul Betts - Financial Times
- Russian Oligarch Loses $53 Million Real-Estate Deposit - Robert Frank - Wall Street Journal