Friday night may be the Nets' best chance all season for a winning streak. Like the Kings, the Pistons come into IZOD with a 7-28 road record and hurting. They've lost six in a row, including to the woeful Pacers Tuesday night in Auburn Hills. Much like the Nets, they have little offensive rhythm and Jonas Jerebko, the rookie who tore New Jersey apart last time they played, has been in a slump. Of course, they do have their two big free agent signings of the summer, Ben Gordon and Charlie Villaneuva, along with Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince, the last of the old guard.
Terrence Williams will be a game time decision. After a light workout Thursday, Kiki Vandeweghe said TWill "looked pretty good." Meanwhile, people are still marveling about Brook Lopez's performance vs. the Kings: 26 points, 13 rebounds, four blocks and four assists.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Detroit Pistons Game Notes - Detroit Pistons
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Detroit Pistons - Sports Xchange
- Pistons-Nets Preview - Stats
- Nets eyeing winning streak as struggling Pistons come to town - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Brook keeping the Nets afloat - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Mad Dog Carter roots for Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Pistons expect close game against lowly Nets - Chris Iott - Michigan Live
- Pistons' John Kuester: Nets better than 8-63 record suggests - Ted Kulfan - Detroit News
Pistons coach John Kuester won't overlook Nets: 'They're talented' - Vince Ellis - Detroit Free Press
Can the Nets keep winning? (Video) - Chris Carlin & Adam Schein - SNY
Nets Basketball Hosts Church Night - New Jersey Nets