Stop us if you've heard this one before. The Nets played well for a half, but a 14-2 Miami run in the third quarter at the Izod Center Monday night turned a five-point lead into a seven-point deficit. The Heat went up by as many as 12 late in the third and held on for a 10-point win. With Kiki Vandeweghe away from the team for personal reasons and John Loyer running the show, the Nets shot just 38 percent from the field, while allowing the Heat to shoot 55 percent. Brook Lopez led the Nets with 26 points, but had just one rebound. Devin Harris finished with 16 points and six assists, while Courtney Lee added 15 points. Terrence Williams was threatening to record a triple-double, but left in the third quarter after turning his ankle. Williams says he hopes to play Wednesday vs. the Kings, but left the arena wearing a walking boot. Dwyane Wade had 27 points, seven rebounds and 12 assists for Miami.
Brett Yormark got into a heated exchange with a Nets fan wearing a paper bag on his head between the third and fourth quarters. Yormark asked the unidentified fan, seated opposite the Nets bench, why he was wearing the bag. When the fan responded, "Because the Nets are so good", Yormark snapped at him, according to the fan, Chris Lisi of Middletown.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Wade has 27 points, 12 assists as Heat beat Nets - Tom Canavan - AP
Nets' Williams appeared to twist foot - Tom Canavan - AP
- Game 70 Recap: Miami 99, Nets 89 - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- John Loyer coaches in place of Kiki Vandeweghe in Nets' 99-89 loss to Heat - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Yormark barks at fan wearing paper bag in loss as team falls to 7-63 - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets can't take the Heat, lose 14th straight at home, 99-89 - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets can't climb over mental hurdles - Al Iannazzone - YES Network
Post-Game Plus (Video) - Chris Shearn - YES Network
Kiki fill-in no Rx for Nets' dreary script - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- With 'much at stake,' Miami Heat turns up intensity to top Nets - Michael Wallace - Miami Herald
Postgame Breakdown: Heat 99, Nets 89 - Michael Wallace - Miami Herald
Wade, Heat kick off road trip with win over Nets - Bob Considine - NBA.com
- Loyer's NBA Coaching Debut a Loss - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Heat avoids infamy, pushes past Nets behind Wade, O'Neal - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
- Heat 99, Nets 89 (Blog) - Ira Winderman - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
- Sluggish Nets skid closer to season futility mark - AFP
More 3rd Quarter Blues for NJ - Mark Ginocchio - Nets Are Scorching
- Heat not looking for a part in Nets' history (with Audio) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- Dwyane Wade and Jermaine O'Neal carry Heat to victory over lowly New Jersey - DolphanDave - Peninsula is Mightier.
- Haier Play of the Day: Terrence Williams (Video) - NBA.com