Bottom line: after the flurry of trades more teams have significant cap space Friday morning than did on Thursday morning...and that's not good for the Nets. The Knicks also leapfrogged the Nets to move into first place.
The analysis is based on a salary cap of $53.6 million and includes the salaries of first round draft picks. A max contract would start at about $16 million. Nine teams will have more than $10 million in cap space.
1. New York Knicks - $32.0 million
2. New Jersey Nets - $26.4 million
3. Miami Heat - $21.3 million
4. Washington Wizards - $18.9 million
5. Chicago Bulls - $17.9 million
6. Sacramento Kings - $17.1 million
7. LA Clippers - $15.4 million
8. Minnesota Timberwolves - $12.6 million
9. Oklahoma City Thunder - $11.5 million