The Nets lost their sixth straight game Thursday in Dallas, falling to the Mavs 102-89. But the greater loss may have been that of Devin Harris, who left the game late in the first quarter with a sprained left shoulder.
X-rays are negative. Harris lost two games in February to the same injury to the same shoulder.
The end of the first period was when the Mavs really took control of the game. The Nets were playing catch-up the rest of the night and trailed by as many as 21 points early in the third period. A 24-8 run got them to within five late in the third, but the Mavs answered and kept the Nets at bay in the fourth.
Defense was the problem for the second straight game, as Dallas shot 55 percent from the field, led by Dirk Nowitzki and Caron Butler, who missed just six of their 21 shots. The Nets were led by Brook Lopez's 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Anthony Morrow added 21 points and Kris Humphries recorded his sixth double-double of the season. But Damion James was a non-factor in his first career start and Jordan Farmar shot just 4-for-12 in place of Harris. Derrick Favors missed the game with a bruised thigh.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
- Nowitzki, Marion lead Mavericks past Nets - AP
Nets-Mavericks notebook - Darren Scheid - NBA.com
- Nets lose Devin Harris, game against streaking Mavericks - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Harris leaves game with injured shoulder - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Mavericks whip Nets, spoil coach's return - Fred Kerber - New York Post
Moving forward: With the season plummeting, Avery realizes he needs to play the rookies - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Jason Kidd offers insight to Nets: winning attracts superstars - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Painful trip to Dallas for Avery Johnson, Devin Harris - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets give rookie Damion James a chance to start - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Johnson, Harris can't lead Nets to win in Dallas - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Avery Johnson Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Devin Harris Interview (Video) - YES Network
- Post-game Analysis (Video) - Chris Carrino & Jim Spanarkel - YES Network
- Post Game Plus (Video) - Nancy Newman - YES Network
- Mavericks' Carlisle continues to preach defense, get results - Jean-Jacques Taylor - Dallas Morning News
- Mavericks spoil Avery Johnson's homecoming, down Nets, 102-89 - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
- Cuban: Avery Johnson 'was good with for Mavericks, but he'll be better with the Nets - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
History will repeat for Avery Johnson - Mac Engel - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Rapid Reaction: Mavs 102, Nets 89 - Tim MacMahon - ESPN Dallas
Team game on high as Mavs get No. 11 - Jeff Caplan - ESPN Dallas
- After The Fact: Mavericks Beat The Nets 102-89 - L.J. Rotter - Mavs Money Ball
Mavericks Extend Win-Streak to 11, Defeat Nets 102-89 - Byron Guttierez - Mavs Money Ball