Damion James grew up 165 miles southeast of Dallas in the Old West town of Nacogdoches, then went to college at the University of Texas. Thursday, he'll get the first start of his NBA career in Texas vs. the Mavericks. Avery Johnson made it official at shoot around: James will replace Travis Outlaw in the lineup.
James had 10 points and 6 rebounds vs. the Hawks and has been showing he can play some defense and grab some boards. Outlaw, who's been in a long slump after being inconsistent --but occasionally productive-- early in the season, will become the team's sixth man, a job he did well in Portland. Johnson also confirmed what he's been hinting at. The Nets' prized rookie, Derrick Favors, is also likely to move into the starting lineup sooner rather than later.
- Youth Movement Has Begun for Nets - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Nets hope Johnson can save team the way Kidd once did - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
Nets putting James into starting lineup vs. Mavericks - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
- Damion James to replace Travis Outlaw in Nets' starting lineup - Colin Stephenson - Nets Blast
Nowitzki appreciative of Avery Johnson, despite their differences - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Mavericks will see new-look Nets tonight - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
- Lots of thoughts about Avery Johnson's return to the AAC sideline - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News
The Nets may have a secret weapon tonight against the Dallas Mavericks - Eddie Sefko - Dallas Morning News