The last time these two teams met was an instant classic, a triple overtime thriller even without either Kevin Durant or Devin Harris. The Thunder won, with Russell Westbrook going for 38, 15 and 9 and Jeff Green getting one less point to go with five rebounds and four assists. The Nets' Brook Lopez and Jordan Farmar finished with 28 and Anthony Morrow, who dropped in a three pointer at the buzzer in regulation to tie it, had 25.
Durant, the NBA's leading scorer this season both in terms of average and high game, is healthy. So is Harris. But Morrow looks like he's out another two weeks and is missed as the Nets search for more offense. The Thunder are playing well. Oklahoma City has won six of the last eight at the Ford Center, while New Jersey has lost 11 of their last 12 on the road. The Nets have yet to beat a team with a .600 or better record...and OKC is at .656.
Meanwhile, Nets players reacted for the first time to LeBron James' contraction talk. They were not pleased.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Oklahoma City Thunder Game Notes - Oklahoma City Thunder
- Getting Inside - New Jersey Nets - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Oklahoma City Thunder - Sports Xchange
- Nets-Thunder Preview - Stats LLC
Harris 'offended' by LeBron James' vision for more intriguing NBA - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
Murphy 'roles' with punches on Nets bench - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Avery puts out APB for Nets offense - Fred Kerber - New York Post Nets Blog
This time, LeBron keeps quiet on contraction - Marc Berman - New York Post
- Nets' Derrick Favors falls out of favor - Al Iannazzone - The Record
Up next: Nets at Thunder - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Best of 2008 Draft Class on Display on this Trip - In the 'Zzone - Al Iannazzone
Nets insulted over LeBron shrink rap - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
Troy Murphy has felt the weight of this season and hopes it doesn't ruin his rep - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Thunder, Nets ready for rematch - John Rohde - Daily Oklahoman
- Thunder notebook: Russell Westbrook OK, will start against Nets - John Rohde - Daily Oklahoman
- NBA team provides tickets for Army privates - AP
THUNDER: Gameday Blog: Thunder vs. New Jersey Nets
- Chris Silva - Oklahoma City Thunder