It was the Sixers who were at the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings a couple of weeks ago. But while the Nets have lost seven straight, Philadelphia has gone 5-2, a stretch that began with their win over the Nets on Nov. 27. With a tough schedule ahead, the Sixers probably see the Nets as a team they need to beat to creep closer to playoff position.
The Nets are just happy to finally play a team with a record similar to theirs. And they'd love to make amends for that putrid fourth quarter they had in Philadelphia two days after Thanksgiving.
Five games ago, Doug Collins moved Jodie Meeks into the starting lineup, and that's been a key for Philly. Meeks is shooting 17-for-29 from 3-point range as a starter and had a career-high 26 points against Charlotte on Dec. 4.
New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers Game Notes - Philadelphia 76ers
- Nets Team Report - NBA - Yahoo! Sports - Sports Xchange
- 76ers Team Report - NBA - Yahoo! Sports - Sports Xchange
76ers-Nets Preview - Stats LLC
- Rough loss to Sixers started slide for slumping Nets - Colin Stephenson - Star-Ledger
- Avery Johnson: We can’t mail it in - Steve Popper - The Record
Nets tryin' to deal with losing ways - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Nets' paint play picks up, but shooting's off - Jared Zwerling - ESPN New York
- For Nocioni, a matter of minutes - Kate Fagan - Philadelphia Inquirer
Collins' shorter bench paying off for Sixers - Bob Cooney - Philadelphia Daily News
- What to Watch This Week (Dec. 13-19) - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Nets Practice Report - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets