According to an interview with the union head Billy Hunter, there's a high chance of a lockout for next season as of right now. Billy Hunter was quoted saying
"I'd be 99 percent sure as of today that there will be a lockout".
I have some questions regarding to the lockout and would appreciate it if someone can help answer it.
- My question is how will the lockout affect the draft? I don't think any team will sign any of the draftees without having a new CBA in place.
- How will the lockout affect the current players under contract and the FA's during this off-season? Do these players still get paid during the lockout?
- If the lockout ended during mid season, will they be playing only 41 games? or do we have to wait until the 2012-2013 season?
- If we traded for Melo, and he signed a 3 yr extension with us, and the lockout doesn't end until the beginning of 2012-2013 season. Does that mean Melo will only play for us for 2 years or is it still 3 years because he didn't play during the 2011-2012 season?
- During a lockout, can our players still workout at our Nets facility? or is it locked from the players? or is it dependent on the Owners? Ex: Can Favors (if not traded) still continue to improve his game at a Nets gym during this lockout?