With Troy Murphy out indefinitely, the Nets will be relying on the same three big men they used against the Celtics Thursday --Kris Humphries, Derrick Favors and Joe Smith-- when they face the 76ers for the second time in four days.
Right after the final buzzer sounds, the team (minus Murphy) and a host of front office types will scurry for the exits to board a team charter a few miles away at Newark Liberty Airport. It's the beginning of the Nets' round-the-world tour. From Newark, the team will fly non-stop to Moscow. They'll spent a day in the Russian capital, meeting the new boss and holding an open practice, among other things. Then it's on to Beijing. The next time the Nets play at The Rock will be opening night, October 27, vs. the Pistons.
The 76ers are 0-2 after losing to the Nets in Roanoke, VA and then being blown out by the Celtics in Manchester, NH. The game will not be televised.
- New Jersey Nets Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers Game Notes - New Jersey Nets
New Jersey Nets Game Notes - Sports Xchange
- Getting Inside - Philadelphia 76ers - Sports Xchange
- Lopez standing tall in Newark, NBA - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
Nets Troy Murphy out indefinitely with back injury - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Smith showing Favors the ropes (with Audio) - Gregory Hrinya - Examiner
- It's getting technical in the NBA as NJ Nets schooled in new league rules - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Nets' Murphy injured - Brian Lewis - New York Post
Murphy out indefinitely with strained and inflamed lower back - Stefan Bondy - New York Daily News
- Versatile Nocioni Eager to Assist Sixers' Turnaround - Dei Lynam - CSE Philly
- Sixers' Andres Nocioni cleared for practice - Kate Fagan - Philadelphia Inquirer
Nocioni eager to go for Sixers as soon as he's healthy - Bob Cooney - Philadephia Daily News