In comments to beat reporters, Billy King said nothing is imminent on any trades, declining to discuss specifics re Carmelo Anthony, but admitting "there's no secret that we're all talking." King said he is practicing patience and offered his perspective on dealing with GMs and agents after being away from the trading game for two years: "Hasn't changed, they still lie."
The Nets GM also disclosed the team waived Brian Zoubek The Nets now have 15 players under contract and King said there are no plans for additional cuts, meaning Stephen Graham and Ben Uzoh--both with partially guaranteed deals--make the team.
As for who'll be starting on Wednesday night, the team is running plays in practice with Brook Lopez, Devin Harris, Anthony Morrow, Travis Outlaw and Derrick Favors on the floor together but Avery Johnson said Favors won't start. It will be a game time decision instead. Johnson also said it would take a "miracle" for Troy Murphy to play. He begins non-contact work Saturday. Separately, David Stern said he would be at the Prudential Center for Opening Night, as will Mikhail Prokhorov.
- Nets GM Billy King says nothing 'imminent' in Carmelo Anthony trade talks - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Troy Murphy to practice tomorrow - Brian Lewis - New York Post Nets Blog
- 'Melo still looming over Nets - Brian Lewis - New York Post
- Nets not giving up on Carmelo Anthony deal - Al Iannazzone - The Record
King says no trade is imminent, another GM says not to rule out Denver - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
Looks Like Carmelo Will Start Season in Denver - Chris Broussard - ESPN
- Humphries Has Momentum Entering Opener - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
- Source: Melo not afraid to test new CBA - Ken Berger - CBS Sports
David Stern Optimistic About Future for Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James - Brett Pollakoff
Zoubek Waived By Nets - New Jersey Nets via RealGM