The Nets dropped to 3-2 for the preseason with a 91-81 loss to the Rockets in Beijing on Wednesday. Houston took control with a 9-0 run to close the first quarter and they led by 11 at the half. The Nets came back in the third quarter and got to within one, but they were never able to tie it or take the lead and a 13-4 Rockets run late in the fourth quarter put the game away.
Brook Lopez led all scorers with 22 points, Terrence Williams had 20 off the bench, and Devin Harris added 19 points, seven assists and five steals. But the other eight Nets who played combined for just 20 points between them. As a team, the Nets shot just 39 percent from the field and 2-for-9 from 3-point range. Derrick Favors missed all five shots he took and finished with zero points and five rebounds in 23 minutes.
- Boxscore - NBA.com
- Game Highlights (Video) - NBA.com
Rockets beat Nets 91-81, Yao plays 19 minutes - Anita Chang - AP
- The Curse of Yi - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
Favors needs time to find his way - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- Nets drop first of two games with Houston Rockets in China, 91-81 - Conor Orr - Star-Ledger
- Nets fall to Houston; Newcomers non-existent - Stefan Bondy - The InterNets
- Some Observations After the Game - Ben Couch - New Jersey Nets
Nets in China: Day 2 - Behind-the-Scenes (Video) - NBA.com
Yao pleases home crowd in Rockets' win over Nets - Jonathan Feigen - Houston Chronicle