The day Mikhail Prokhorov and Bruce Ratner sealed their deal, Russian President Dmitri Medvedev met U.S. President--and hoops fan--Barack Obama in New York. Bloomberg News reports that among the topics they discussed was the New Jersey Nets. It's "basketball diplomacy", say experts, aimed at helping Russia and the US smooth over differences. Pro sports owners see the deal simply as "new money". Meanwhile, French police have closed their prostitution investigation of Prokhorov.
- Russian Tycoon Invests in Nets as Nation Courts U.S. (Sept. 25) - Yuriy Humber and Maria Kolesnikova - Bloomberg
- Foreign money comes ashore with Nets deal - John Lombardo & Daniel Kaplan - Sports Business Journal
- NBA will look closely at Prokhorov’s bid - John Lombardo & Daniel Kaplan - Sports Business Journal
- Billionaire's alleged prostitution ring case closed (with Video) - Russia Today
- France drops prostitution case involving Russian billionaire - RIA Novosti
- New Jersey Nets, Meet Your New Owner - Rich Smith - The Motley Fool
- France drops prostitution case against Russia's richest man - AFP