Dave D'Alessandro has done the math and here's the bottom line: Assuming no major changes, the Nets will have a whopping $27.3 million in cap space and six roster spots to fill next summer. Not many teams, if any, will have that much. The Nets picked up two trade exceptions --$3.75 million and $1.2 million-- in the VC trade. They also have a $1.26 million TE from the Marcus Williams deal.
- The VC Deal, By The Numbers - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Nets deal Vince, Get Cap Space - Fred Kerber - New York Post
- Nets say happy trails to Carter - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider
- NJ Nets Turn the Page, Vince, We Bid Adieu - Matthew McQueeny - Nothin' but Nets
- Magic respond with Carter deal - John Hollinger - ESPN