Yi Jianlian suffered an upper lip laceration that required 50 stitches to close when he was hit by an inadvertent elbow thrown by Sean Williams while playing 3-on-3 after practice on Saturday. Yi, who has been out since Nov. 2 with a sprained right knee, will be reevaluated on Monday, Dec. 14. Doctors had to repair a muscle in Yi's lip during surgery.
- Nets forward Yi needs 50 stitches to close cut lip - AP
- Yi's Fat Lip - Dave D'Alessandro - Star-Ledger
- Yi-Gads - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- News of Nets coaching change slow to travel across Hudson - Chris Sheridan - ESPN
- Yi Jianlian Medical Update - New Jersey Nets
- Nets lose Yi Jianlian for another week after forward suffers split lip in practice - Julian Garcia - New York Daily News
- Nets Lose Yi for Another Week - Fred Kerber - New York Posts Nets Blog