Could a trade save the Nets season? Almost certainly no. Could it make things less painful? Sure, but that would almost certainly require the team to abandon its plans for 2010 and 2011. The coach and GM--Kiki Vandeweghe--says the team is open to making a deal, but adds, "We fought hard and obviously sacrificed a lot to maintain the cap space. Right now it would be silly to do anything to turn back."
- The Worst Is Not Over - Al Iannazzone - In the 'Zzone
- Vandeweghe Slips on GM Hat - Dave D'Alessandro - Nets Blast
- Waiting for the End at IZOD Center - Ken Belson - New York Times
- Vandeweghe, Nets keep thinking salary cap - Mitch Lawrence - New York Daily News
- No help on the way for Nets - Al Iannazzone - The Record
- Nets should follow Thunder's model - Al Iannazzone - The Nets Insider